Salary- £35,000 - £42,000
At Alpheus (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anglian Water Group) we offer commercial and industrial customers a comprehensive range of independent specialist water & wastewater asset management services and process solutions, tailored to meet their needs.
We truly value our client base and the team is a diverse and highly skilled work force who continues to provide a commercially driven and innovative service into a competitive and demanding industry.
To help us achieve further commercial success and enhance our already strong reputation in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are looking for a new Proposal Engineer to join the Business Development team!
What will you be doing?
As the new Proposal Engineer you’ll provide and support the delivery of high quality, high value tenders, proposals, quotations and bids for our Operations & Management (O&M) and Capital Project businesses to allow the securing of profitable business and support plans for future growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare complex, detailed, high quality proposals to secure Company budget and growth targets.
- Carry out first line reviews of bid documentation to identify opportunities to drive commerciality whilst remaining realistic and practical.
- Use technical and operational expertise to understand scope and commercial risks seeking advice and input from O&M and Capital Project teams to aid high quality bids.
- Work with suppliers and contractors to understand the technology, value, risks and constraints within their quotations.
- Establish strong relationships with customers to understand their requirements and challenges and how bids can be tailored to meet present and future needs.
- Ensure appropriate bid procedures and governance is adhered to.
- Lead the hand over from sales to operations/ delivery and project manage contract start ups.
- Keep abreast of the market and potential leads and flag to the Bid Manager as required.
- Collate and maintain sales metrics and reports.
- Support the Business Development Team in preparation of tender presentations.
- Support Business Development through external communications and marketing initiatives.
What do you need?
As our Proposal Engineer you’ll have technical expertise in the water and wastewater industry and hold a degree or equivalent in a scientific / engineering discipline. With relevant experience of writing up technical bids, you’ll be skilled in the preparation of costing using Excel and always operate with a commercial outlook. Confident in presenting to a range of audiences, you’ll be able to convey both technical and personal requirements which in turn will build trust and confidence from all stakeholders.
You'll be able to work with and manage multiple projects with challenging deadlines and be able to travel to clients sites across the UK in a wide variety of industries.
If the opportunity to have a positive impact on a growing commercial part of the Anglian Water Group appeals to your career aspirations, please apply today!
What benefits do we offer?
Being an innovative, forward thinking and customer driven water and wastewater asset company, our focus on being the best waste management, operations and design and build services provider requires a fully engaged and committed work force at its heart.
At Alpheus, we recognise the importance of our skilled and dedicated employees and want to make sure our people are recognised and rewarded. As part of Anglian Water Group we offer all the benefits of a major industry leading employer.
Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus Scheme of up to 8% of annual salary
- Individual Private Health Care
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 with service
- Company lease car or cash for car
- Plus lots more!
If you are offered a job with us, you’ll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing date: 11 April 2019
Interview date: Late April 2019